Saturday, September 9, 2006

I deleted my character in Ryzom after selling all his stuff and giving the proceeds away to a couple newbies. My account expires on Monday, and I have no desire to play the game anyway. I figured someone might as well get some use out of the money.

It's too bad Ryzom didn't have more of the sci-fi stuff in it. There's the one faction the Karavan, but they are strictly NPCs. You can't use their weapons nor wear their armours. It's too bad, cause the one Dev shot looks /nice/. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to look like this guy?


I think it'd be fucking sweeeet. But then again, I'm much more into Sci-Fi, especially right now for some reason.

---

It seems like my friends are thinking of trying out GURPS. My one friend even has a lot of different ideas for campaigns we could run. Things like Chthulu, low-magic fantasy, Cyberpunk (yay! \o/), planetary revolt in a space game (more yay! \o/), and for some reason .... Teddy Ruxpin.

The guy is on /crack/. He's made this suggestion before, and the rest of us can't figure out /why/. He gets so excited about it. It's fucking bizarre. Yeah ... /crazy/.

I tried to write some stuff up for my GURPS Serenity/Firefly style game, but I couldn't get it going. Writer's block or something. I think I need to watch some sci-fi stuff, or read some good books to get in the mindset. Otherwise I might just scrap the whole idea. I could use the existing setting my friend and I developed, but I'm not sure if it would work. The tech in it is a little higher than I'd like it to be, and the governments and stuff aren't quite the way I'd envisioned it. Though it would work quite well as we could easily jump from the Marines game, to mine, and over to my friend's planet revolt one without changing much.

I'll have to see. Probably should discuss it with my friends first. And see if my new Viking character is okay if we play the one game. He's kind of min/maxed, so he'll probably mow down anything that would give the other players a half bit of trouble. Kinda like Conan, but /tougher/ and /bigger/.

No comments:

Post a Comment